The 26th International Conference on VLSI Design is currently going on at the Hyatt, in Pune (Jan 7th to 9th, 2013), and with a large number of keynotes, research paper presentations, panel discussions, workshops and other things being presented in 5 different tracks to 800+ delegates, it is full of activity for anyone interested in the field of VLSI design/EDA/Embedded systems.
Here are the details of the technical program:
- New Research Ideas
- Often 5-10 years from practical applications
- 3 parallel tracks from 7th to 9th Jan
- User/Designer Track
- Novel ideas to and from practitioners (not researchers)
- Can be used today to enhance your next design
- One track on 7th and 8th Jan
- Student-Oriented Talks/Workshops
- Design Contest
- Industry Form
- 9 keynotes: by people from LSI, IBM, Marvell, APM, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Intel, Solarsis, Xilinx
- Panels and Embedded Tutorials for people new to the field
- 66 accepted talks, out of 310 submissions, in all areas of design/EDA/embedded systems
There are 23 companies who have set up exhibit stalls, and includes Intel, QLogic, Xilinx, TI, ARM, Agilent and a bunch of other companies, and includes many companies who have significant Pune presence.