Rails Girls comes to Pune on Saturday, August 24th. During the one-day workshop for women, we’ll dive into the magical world of Ruby on Rails. This free event is for beginner women who want to learn more about coding and building things.
Follow #RailsGirlsPune on Twitter for the latest updates!
Applications are open until Monday, 19th of August.
You learn designing, prototyping and coding with the help from our coaches.
You need a laptop (but if you don’t have one, let us know), curiosity and a sprinkle of imagination!
Want to help? We are looking for partners and organizers. Email us.
- Saturday 24th August 9:00 – 10:00 Registration, Installation Checkup and Welcome Outline of the day; troubleshooting unsuccessful installations.
- 10:00 – 10:45 Tryruby.org Let’s get coding!
- 10:45 – 13:00 WORKSHOP Jumpstart your first web application
- 13:00 – 13:15 Bentobox – Understanding Web Apps, Recap of what we’ve learned and how it all fits together.
- 13:15 – 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 – 14:15 Lighting talks from coaches
- 14:15 – 16:15 WORKSHOP: Extend your application.
- 16:15 – 16:30 – High Tea
- 16:30 – 17:30 WORKSHOP – More coding !!
- 17:30 – 18:30 Showcase your application, Information
Who should attend?
Who is this aimed for? Women of any age with basic knowledge of working with a computer. We’ve had people of all ages taking part.
Can men attend? Yes, but you need to be accompanied by an interested lady. Also, girls are given a priority.
If you know how to program – you can help? RailsGirlsPune is looking for people to be coaches. There will be a two-three hour workshop before the event to walk you through the curriculum. Get in touch
- Charlotta Liukas – @charlottaliukas
- Mohit Thatte, – @mohitthatte
- Shilpa Nair, – @ItsmeShilpa
- Ashwini Ingle
- Hephzibah Watharkar, @hepsi1989
- Madhavi Tumma
- Preety Mishra
Fees and Registration
The event is on 24th August, from 9am to 6:30pm at ThoughtWorks Technologies, GF-01 and MZ-01, Tower C, Panchshil Tech Park, Yerwada. Last date to register is 19th August.
This event is free and open for women of any age to attend. Men can attend if accompanied by a woman. Please register here