Pune’s Asian School of Cyber Laws recently conducted a survey of school children in India with the intention of finding out their cyber security habits.
The survey covered 13,050 school students (7th, 8th, 9th and 10th standards) spread across Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Patiala, Bhatinda and Nellore.
The survey was conducted from October to December, 2012.
Here are some interesting findings:
- 42% feel it is not a crime to use pirated software in India
- 67% children reported having started using Facebook before the age of 10.
- 26% kids reported having more than 500 Facebook friends
- 36% kids did not know their Facebook friends in real life.
- 82% reported having received vulgar, offensive or abusive emails or Facebook messages
See the full document:
Click here if you’re unable to see the document above.